Local Groups, Support & Schemes
- Abbey Physic Community Garden: A Community Garden in the heart of Faversham, offering a healing space for all, regardless of age, culture or ability. Helping maintain or improve physical and mental health and wellbeing, build diverse skills and confidence, reduce social isolation and connect with their community.
- Faversham Umbrella: In the heart of Faversham, their vision is to support our local community by providing a vibrant and safe environment. Working together to help increase independence, self-esteem and confidence. Providing friendships, activities and training. They provide facilities and activities for everyone, in a safe and non-judgmental way, for companionship, friendship and support.
- Medway Puzzles: An Autistic Charity connecting families together across Kent and Medway. Their aim is to bring families together to share experiences, meet people and spend social time with others who understand them. They want their members to have fun and feel comfortable. They also accept families and adults with other disabilities.
- Take Off (16+): Supporting people with mental health problems to improve their well-being and live happier and healthier lives. Most of the services offered are in the form of self-help groups which are either “talking” or “doing” focused.
- The BeYou Project: Providing safe space meet-ups and advice for LGBTQ+ young people, aged 8 to 25 in Kent.
- West Faversham Community Association: The centre is packed full of social activities you can go along to. You can meet new people and find new interests. There is a variety of community activities offered through the staff at the centre.
- Meet Up: The people platform, where interests become friendships. Whatever your interest, from hiking and reading to networking and skill sharing, there are thousands of people who share it on Meetup. Events are happening every day, sign up and join the fun.
Community Peer Support Groups
The Community Peer Support Groups are run by Health Champions, volunteers that work with us here at Newton Place Surgery, who have all been DBS checked.
Community Support Schemes
We are happy to introduce new support schemes in partnership with Newton Place Surgery.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.