In the unfortunate event that a person has passed away, there are three things that must be done in the first few days:
- Get a medical certificate from your GP or hospital doctor (this is necessary to register the death)
- Register the death within 5 days (8 days in Scotland). You will then receive the necessary documents for the funeral.
- Make the necessary funeral arrangements.
- Pilgrims Hospice - Some groups are available to anyone living in east Kent who needs bereavement support, even if their loved one was not a patient of the hospice.
- Sue Ryder - Online Bereavement Support making it easy to connect with the right support for you - whether that's information and resources, qualified counsellors or a community of others with similar experiences. These services are free and easy to access on your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.